Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 160 of Firsts: Go to "Hockey School"

Ice hockey players can walk on water. ~Author Unknown

I've watched more hockey in the last two weeks than I've watched in my entire life. Still, I don't know much about the game. Regardless, I live in Philly so I'm swept up in Flyers Fever.  I need to know.

You might remember a couple weeks ago NBC 10 intern Will O' Donnell taught me that classic Flyers song. (ooh,ooh oh, oh,oh,oh,oh,oh.... Who could forget those lyrics?)

Anyway, I asked him to teach "Hockey School" today . I think he explains the game pretty well. So if you too don't know the rules or you need to educate some other new fans  feel free to share this video.



This is a shortened version of the entire Hockey lecture by Hockeyologist O'Donnell.  If you would like to share other Hockey rules I should know, feel free to send them along.  Looking forward to a new appreciation of the game tomorrow night.

Go Flyers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey LuAnn, Professor O'Donnell did an excellent job teaching you the hockey rules.

YOU SHOULD NOW BE A PRO! ENJOY THE GAME TONIGHT!

YOU WILL HEAR ME CHEER ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STREET!

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!