Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 161 of Firsts: Eat at John's Doggie Shop

Hot dogs always seem better out than at home; so do French-fried potatoes; so do your children. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook

One of the fans of this blog read that I tried the In-'N-Out Burger out West.  She challenged me to try John's Doggie Shop Hot Dog "with everything" back East. By now you know I love food and any excuse to work it into a "First" works for me.

I happened to be near Chester, Pa. on assignment (home of the Doggie Shop) and decided a some crazy loaded up hot dogs might brighten an otherwise rainy dismal day.

Intern extraordinaire Will O'Donnell was game. Sam Dunne, our photog. du jour, said her palate was too sophisticated to dine on dogs.

 

Both Will and I ate two dogs a piece.  I fully expected to pay the price with some indigestion later...but nothing. My sensitive stomach did not make the slightest peep over this gastronomic indescretion.

John's Doggie Shop has been on 7th street in Chester since 1948. And I say "long live the Doggie Shop."   

No comments: