Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 162 of Firsts: Give Out Hugs to Flyer Fans

A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away. ~Bil Keane, "Family Circus"
It was a sad day in the land of Philly. Something had to be done. Folks dragged into work today feeling pretty blue.  I decided I needed to do something for all the faithful Flyers Fans around me.

I put out an email at the station advertising Free Hugs.  Here's what happened.



Chief Photographer Jim Friedman was the first to come in for a hug. (He's a good hugger!) Then one of our new interns, Jen. (Sorry Jen. Didn't get your last name.) I offered the 10 show audience hugs and had many sweet, warm, takers. Photographer Bob Ertel is always a hugger.  Sports Anchor Vai Sikahema came into the office looking for a hug and I wasn't there so I went and found him later in the studio. (What a love.) Renee Chenault Fattah came up for a hug too.

But the most important hug went to intern Will O'Donnell, my professor of hockeyology. For the past two weeks he's tutored me in the Flyers song and hockey game rules.  He was inconsolable about the loss of the Stanley Cup to Chicago and didn't want a hug.  Finally, I had to give him one before he went home.

Ahhh.   I'll tell you what.  If you're having a bad day, just try hugging a few people.  Yes, they will think you're weird.  But I gaurantee you, you and everyone you hug will feel a little better.

I think this is one of the best Firsts I've done.  I highly recommend this one.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey LuAnn, I am a Flyers Fan, where is my hug! LOL!

Lu Ann said...

I'll getcha this weekend :)