Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 165 of Firsts: A Cooking Show?

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not! ~Author Unknown
I'm a little banged up and bruised from that fabulous Mud Run adventure yesterday, so I decided to keep my First adventure in the kitchen today.
(And my husband will tell you anything I do in the kitchen is an adventure. Usually a messy one. )

The Mud Run benefited the M.S. Society and I wanted to give a little special thank you gift to everyone in the newsroom who helped me raise money for it.

Little do they know they are getting something homemade from me.  I've never made almond brittle (or any kind of brittle before) but the recipe in Susan Branch's Sweets to the Sweet looked doable.   Here goes......you can watch me make it.  Welcome to my  Haphazard Cooking Show.  (Hey, it's not easy cooking, stirring, and holding a camera. Trust me.)



It came out great!  Really lovely. No chocolate chip cookies then. 

Do you think they'd ever let someone who really knows nothing about cooking have a cooking show?  Instead of perfect dishes coming out, you could see all the screw ups. That'd be a First! Food network, I'm ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lu Ann, that looks Yummy! You are Great!